Moi tagged me for a Meme. Below are the questions.
1. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun or The Boys Are Back in Town?
Sorry neither songs like these are the ones that caused me to meander away from rock and roll.
2. Camping or the Ritz?
If I'm with Mrs.K, the Ritz. If I'm by myself doesn't matter.
3. What food are you craving RIGHT NOW . . . did you eat it?
Sorry, I don't have cravings.
4. The most thrilling place you've ever visited. Why?
65° X 25°. It was the first time Mrs. K and I were offshore alone. We were sailing on a reach in about 20 knots of wind. The sun had just come up and sprays looked like pieces of crystal flying off to the lee. Everything seemed perfect.
5. If you could slip into the skin of one public figure--celebrity, artist, politician--who would it be?
President Obama. I would systematically start to undo the damage he has done. Starting with the department of justice the national labor relations board and so on from there.
7. Look up from your computer. What do you see?
A planning board, the door, a bookcase and an infra-red motion sensor.
8. Sum up your philosophy of life in one sentence. You can borrow it from someone else, if you'd like.
Command the situation don't let it command you.
9. The one thing you just don't understand about kids today.
It's not that I don't understand them. It's more frustration at not being able to explain or deter if you will, them being sucked into the culture of modern electronics and all the mind numbing media hype that goes with it.
10. If you could steal one work of art from a museum or gallery, which would it be?
When I read this question, the first thing that came to mind was what is the most expensive picture out there, I could resell. I recently heard the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Scream.jpg was worth a lot of money, so that will be the one. I do have a print of Dance At Bougival by Renoir. I wouldn't want the original, someone would likely want to steal it and sell it.
11. Regular toothbrush or electric?
Regular, it will still work after an EMP. That way I'll be able to keep my teeth clean after it all hits the fan.
And on that happy note, Moi hope you enjoyed it. I won't tag anyone. If you're interested in doing them feel free. But, in all likelihood anyone that's going to do it, has already done it.
On to haiku: Foam won last week and is hosting this week. Her topic is silence. I know it's late. But you still have time to enter. 5-7-5 is the format. You can put up as many as you wish but she will only judge 2. You must tell her which ones to judge.
Early tranquil calm.
Broken by lovers embrace.
Two hearts beat as one.
Harmonic waves flow
with power spectral density.
Silence or white noise?
Under raging sea
Nuclear deterrent glide
Silent and unseen
I Came, I Saw, I Conquered.
In silent service.