Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Movie clip Wednesday: Movie I haven't seen, but should have.

Milk River Madman is our host this week, while Anonymous Boxer takes a break and flies off to Georgia for an important summit. If you wish to play. Post a clip on your site. Try to make it 3 minutes or less, then stop by MRM's site say I'm up, with the title of your movie. You can also see who else is playing. The topic for this week is: Movie I haven't seen, but should have. Gran Torino is a 2008 American drama film directed by, produced by and starring Clint Eastwood. The film marks Eastwood's return to a lead acting role after four years, his previous leading role having been in Million Dollar Baby, and Eastwood has stated that this is his final film as an actor.


It's likely to be a slow day with many of our players traveling. Enjoy and have a happy clip day! May Boxer, Moi and Shamu have a safe and happy trip.

9 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

this movie isn't one of my favorites but I did enjoy it..he's sure turned into a terrific director.

Milk River Madman said...

Couldn't post a comment a minute ago so left mine under the Jimmy post. Happy MCW

Buzz Kill said...

Good choice. Well worth seeing. Without giving anything away, it's funny, cringe-worthy at times and poignant. A good movie for Clint to go out on.

Happy MCW!

Karl said...

Jackie Sue: he does have a fine talent as a director.

MRM: I'm not sure what's going on with Blogger. I've had comments disappear and keep getting a " 503 error" it's probably the Chinese.

Buzz Kill: It's a wise man that knows when it's time to leave.

Heff said...

"Boxer's Georgia Summit", lol !

Karl, without a doubt, SEE THIS ONE.

Heff was DEEPLY impressed with it.

Heff said...

Oh, and that "Error 503 : Service Unavailable" tag - I've been getting that for over a week. Blogger just updated some features (I've already upgraded them on my blog), and I'm pretty sure the error is due to bugs in the programming. I could be wrong.

moi said...

I loved this movie and have no idea why it wasn't nominated for best picture. The party scene is just the best—really showcases how subtle and humorous an actor Eastwood can be. Oh, and thanks for your well wishes, too. We'll raise a glass to all our bloggie friends who can't be with us in the GA woods.

P.S. Blogger has been buggered up all week. Stooooooopid Blogger.

Karl said...

Heff: Well that's good to hear. I will see it.

Moi: No better recommendation.

If y'all figure out how to solve all the problems of the world, could you please write them down, before too many glasses are raised.

Joanna Cake said...

Fabulous! I have this dvd from the rental company sitting on top of my player waiting for a moment to watch. So Im not going to read any of the comments or watch the clip just yet :)